[unixODBC-support] Primary Keys in OpenOffice

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Tue Dec 28 22:09:56 GMT 2004

> >>Off the top of my head, I can't remember, but if you do a ODBC trace and
> >>look at ehat functions its calling it should give a hint. I would assume
> >>either SQLPrimaryKeys, SQLStatistics or SQLSpecialColumns
>
> Check that SQLFunctions are reporting it does the above functions, and
> they are exported.

They are.

> Check on the MS site (I am at home so I don't have the docs here) just what
> SQL_OIC_CORE means, it may not indicate that it supports SQLPrimaryKey.

SQLPrimaryKeys is level 1, not core, but, while I support SQLPrimaryKeys,
there's a lot of other stuff in level 1 that I don't (and don't plan to),
so I have to repsond "core", no?

> And of course the other option is to get the OpenOffice source and see
> if that shows anything.

I've done that and not been able to follow it.  It's too big of a code
base for a casual reader to easily work something like this out.

At the moment, I'm trying to upgrade unixODBC to 2.2.10.  The currently
packaged Debian release is really really really old and includes a
truncated value for the macro SQL_ODBC_KEYWORDS, which my driver
returns in response to SQLGetInfo fro SQL_KEYWORDS.  It may be the
absence of "PRIMARY" and "KEY" in the keyword list which is causing OOo
to not allow primary keyword creation in new tables.

Eric