[unixODBC-support] Primary Keys in OpenOffice

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Dec 28 21:06:23 GMT 2004

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>>Off the top of my head, I can't remember, but if you do a ODBC trace and
>>look at ehat functions its calling it should give a hint. I would assume
>>either SQLPrimaryKeys, SQLStatistics or SQLSpecialColumns
>>

>Yeah, I'd already looked at the trace and couldn't see anything obvious.

Check that SQLFunctions are reporting it does the above functions, and
they are exported.

>I mean, I can see that it's calling SQLGetInfo with
>SQL_ODBC_INTERFACE_CONFORMANCE, but I can't tell what it expects or
>why returning SQL_OIC_CORE might prevent the creation of a primary key.

Check on the MS site (I am at home so I don't have the docs here) just what SQL_OIC_CORE means, it may not indicate that it supports SQLPrimaryKey.

As its your own driver, try some different values to see if it makes a
difference.

And of course the other option is to get the OpenOffice source and see
if that shows anything.