[unixODBC-support] Primary Keys in OpenOffice

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Tue Dec 28 15:51:59 GMT 2004

Does anyone on this list happen to know what OpenOffice needs in
order to be able to mark a field in a new table as a primary key?

I'm writing my own ODBC driver, and when I use my driver with OpenOffice
and right click on the tab to the left of the field name in the table
creation tool I'm not presented with the option of making a field into
a primary key the way I am with other drivers.

I can only presume that some magic needs to be returned from SQLGetInfo
or SQLGetFunctions or similar in order to make this work, but I haven't
been able to track down what, and the OpenOffice source code is
immense.

My driver claims core level interface conformance, and implements all
required functions.

Has anyone run up against this?

Thanks,

Eric