[unixODBC-support] Segmentation fault when using isql

mysql_04 at yahoo.com mysql_04 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 18:41:38 BST 2004

Nick Gorham wrote:

> mysql_04 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Nick Gorham wrote:

>>> Hmm, there was a problem where the stats code could fail if there
>>> were no more semaphores available.
>>>
>>> Could you try rebuilding unixODBC with --enable-stats=no and see if
>>> that helps.
>>>

>> I downloaded unixODBC-2.2.9.tar.gz from the unixODBC site and began
>> compiling with:
>> ./configure --enable-stats=no
>>
>> Error msg:
>> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please
>> check your installation and add the correct paths!
>>

> Add --enable-gui=no to the config line

Ok, unixODBC-2.2.9 did compile and install with the switches
--enable-stats=no and --enable-gui=no.

But it's back to the same problem I had with the RPM: MyODBC-3.51 will
not install:

[root at localhost MySQL_Connector_ODBC]# rpm -ivh MyODBC-3.51.07-1.i586.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
libodbcinst.so.1 is needed by MyODBC-3.51.07-1
Suggested resolutions:
unixODBC-2.2.2-3.i386.rpm
[root at localhost MySQL_Connector_ODBC]#

So version 2.2.2 produces a segmantation fault, and 2.2.9 doesn't have a
library needed by MyODBC.

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here would be appreciated.

Dan