[unixODBC-support] Segmentation fault when using isql

mysql_04 at yahoo.com mysql_04 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 00:21:31 BST 2004

Nick Gorham wrote:

> mysql_04 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> I am attempting to set up ODBC so that I can connect OOo to MySQL on
>> my local machine. In following the McCreesh how-to, I reached the
>> point of testing the ODBC software, but I receive a segmentation
>> fault when running isql:
>>
>> [dan at localhost dan]$ isql -v MySQL-test
>> Segmentation fault
>> [dan at localhost dan]$
>>
>> Now, isql does seem to run, at leat, when I test it against a
>> non-existant database:
>>
>> [dan at localhost dan]$ isql -v wibble
>> [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
>> driver specified
>> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>> [dan at localhost dan]$
>>

> Hmm, there was a problem where the stats code could fail if there were
> no more semaphores available.
>
> Could you try rebuilding unixODBC with --enable-stats=no and see if
> that helps.

First problem - On my first install of unixODBC-2.2.9, I used an RPM
from one of the links on the unixODBC site. The RPM was missing a
library required by MyODBC-3.51.07-1. How I managed to install it
without the configure/make/make install rountine, I have no clue.
Perhaps there is the problem...

I downloaded unixODBC-2.2.9.tar.gz from the unixODBC site and began
compiling with:
./configure --enable-stats=no

Error msg:
checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
your installation and add the correct paths!

( If it makes any difference, the local compiler is gcc-c++ 3.2-7, glibc
is 2.3.2-4.80.8 )

 From the ./configure --help info, it appears that I need to specify a
--includedir=DIR option, or perhaps --with-extra-includes=DIR.

Can you tell me what general file names I'm looking for to find the "X
includes" directory?
Am I correct in assuming that the --with-extra-includes=DIR option is
preferable?

Dan