[unixODBC-support] Segmentation fault when using isql

mysql_04 at yahoo.com mysql_04 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 15:00:58 BST 2004

I am attempting to set up ODBC so that I can connect OOo to MySQL on my
local machine.  In following the McCreesh how-to, I reached the point of
testing the ODBC software, but I receive a segmentation fault when
running isql:

[dan at localhost dan]$ isql -v MySQL-test
Segmentation fault
[dan at localhost dan]$

Now, isql does seem to run, at leat, when I test it against a
non-existant database:

[dan at localhost dan]$ isql -v wibble
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
[dan at localhost dan]$

Running gdb, I get:

(gdb) run MySQL-test -v
Starting program: /usr/bin/isql MySQL-test -v

0x400728df in uodbc_get_stats () from /usr/lib/libodbc.so.1
(gdb)

I have deleted unixODBC-2.2.2 and tried unixODBC-2.2.9, but MyODBC
requires v 2.2.2, so I reinstalled v2.2.2.

Google returned one hit on the freetds list, but I don't perceive a
resolution in the replies.  I found no references in the MySQL lists
that I subscribe to.  The Redhat & Psyche lists had no references, either.

I'm running RedHat8, kernel 2.4.18, MySQL v4.0.18-standard, MyODBC v3.51
on a Compaq Presario 700Mhz, 256Mb ram.

I'd appreciate any pointers to a fix.

Dan