[unixODBC-support] cannot open shared object file libodbccr.1

Nick Gorham nick at easysoft.com
Wed Aug 18 16:01:37 BST 2004

David Kramer wrote:
> I installed latest rpm's (2.2.9) and have managed to change the error to:
> /usr/sbin/httpd:  error while loading shared libraries:
> /usr/lib/libodbccr.so.1: undefined symbol: __post_internal_error

FYI, I have just built 2.2.9 from source on Fedora Core 2 and it seems ok.

However the same can't be said of the code that RH seem to ship. If I
use the unixODBC libs that they ship, then I get the same error you
started with,

"Can't open cursor lib 'libodbccr' : /usr/lib/libodbccr.1: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

I will check the RPM, but maybe its worth you building from 2.2.9 source.

If you configure with

--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

It will match and replace the RH supplied libs.