[unixODBC-support] Hieroglyphic error message

Philipp Igler Y21452 at at.ibm.com
Tue Aug 17 14:54:15 BST 2004

yes you are right. now i've set the env variable, and it worked...in the
SHELL.
i did:
        export DB2INSTANCE=db2inst
        php cat.php

and it worked, but in the browser nothing happens.

i set the variable in httpd.conf AND in odbc.ini but...it's the same
result

Nick Gorham <nick at easysoft.com>
Sent by: unixodbc-support-bounces at mail.easysoft.com
17.08.2004 15:51
Please respond to
Support for the unixODBC project

Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support at mail.easysoft.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [unixODBC-support] Hieroglyphic error message

Philipp Igler wrote:

> ...so, I've tested the php script again in the shell, but with a
> different user and not with the db-user. and there i got the error
> message again.
> so the script only generates the error when I am not logged in with the
> db-user. how can I solve this problem??

I think this is because the ENV variable DB2INSTANCE isn't set.