[unixODBC-support] Hieroglyphic error message

Philipp Igler Y21452 at at.ibm.com
Tue Aug 17 14:07:11 BST 2004

ok...slowly...how can I set back the env?

Nick Gorham <nick at easysoft.com>
Sent by: unixodbc-support-bounces at mail.easysoft.com
17.08.2004 15:06
Please respond to
Support for the unixODBC project

Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support at mail.easysoft.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [unixODBC-support] Hieroglyphic error message

Philipp Igler wrote:

> I have checked everything. but the trace file isn't going to be filled.

Ok, I have just been reminded (Thanks Martin), that the tracing only
starts after the environment has been allocated.

The effect of not having the instance set will be the env allocation
will fail, and I don't think PHP will notice that, so when it tries to
connect it will fail, and will try to get a error from a invalid handle.
Hence the rubbish.

SO, I would add the env setting back, run it again, and look at the
trace to see where its stopping, and then fix that problem.