[unixODBC-support] Hieroglyphic error message

Nick Gorham nick at easysoft.com
Tue Aug 17 14:06:03 BST 2004

Philipp Igler wrote:

> I have checked everything. but the trace file isn't going to be filled.

Ok, I have just been reminded (Thanks Martin), that the tracing only
starts after the environment has been allocated.

The effect of not having the instance set will be the env allocation
will fail, and I don't think PHP will notice that, so when it tries to
connect it will fail, and will try to get a error from a invalid handle.
Hence the rubbish.

SO, I would add the env setting back, run it again, and look at the
trace to see where its stopping, and then fix that problem.