[unixODBC-support] Hieroglyphic error message

Philipp Igler Y21452 at at.ibm.com
Tue Aug 17 13:32:10 BST 2004

ok... i did what you told me. but nothing happens to the trace log, except
i manually connect via shell to odbc.
when i put in isql dsn user passwd everything works properly. and then i
can see the trace-logs.

Nick Gorham <nick at easysoft.com>
Sent by: unixodbc-support-bounces at mail.easysoft.com
17.08.2004 14:13
Please respond to
Support for the unixODBC project

Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support at mail.easysoft.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [unixODBC-support] Hieroglyphic error message

Philipp Igler wrote:

> I've installed unixODBC Manager on an AIX server. I think I've
> configured everything correct, because when I call up the isql
> application, everything works properly. BUT...when I call up a PHP
> script which includes an 'odbc_connect' statement, I got the error
> message "*Warning*: odbc_connect(): SQL error: .Ø/ñý@?(Òcd, SQL
> state /ñý0/ñý?Òcd .Ø/ñý@?(Òcd in SQLConnect in
*/html/cat_test.php*
> on line *8*".
>
> BUT, when I add "exec("export DB2INSTANCE=db2inst");" before the connect

> statement, everything is very slow and nothing happens.
>
> Can anybody help me?
>
> Phil

It looks like the data may be coming back as UNICODE, turn on ODBC
tracing, restart the web server, try again, and see whats in the trace
file.