[unixODBC-support] ODBC ODBCPSQL libraries

Shaun Savage savages at savages.net
Thu Aug 12 17:34:31 BST 2004

Hi

I traced through the loading of the libraries.  before I do  SQLConnect
the odbcpsql library is not accessable.  After I execute SQLConnect the
odbcpsql library is loaded.

Now when I execute SQLExecDirect() the loader ld-linux.so.2 does a
string compair with the name SQLExecDirect and the libraries that are
loaded.

Because odbcpsql is loaded after odbc library the search finds the
SQLExecDirect of the odbcpsql before SQLExecDirect in odbc.

This problem only happens under Mozilla.  When I do a standalone test it
works.

shaun

haun Savage wrote:
 > Hi
 >
 > I am trying to development a Mozilla XPCOM module for Linux that uses
 > unixODBC.
 > When I run my module in stand alone mode it works but when I use it
 > under Mozilla it seg faults.
 >
 > The command  I it seg faults on is SQLExecDirect.   In standalone mode
 > the library that is used is libodbc.so  I have traced it into the Driver
 > manager code before it pops into odbcpsql. In mozilla it links into
 > odbcpsql right away.  It then jumps into PG_SQLExecDirect line 207
 > Drivers/PostgreSQL/execute.c .  It segfaults at checking statement is
 > read only, line 189.
 >
 > Why does a different library get dynamicly linked in?
 > I pass it the correct arguments why does is segfault deep in the code?
 >
 > shaun

Hi, have you any idea why it links directly into odbcpsql, is there any
reason ? Normally you would link to libodbc.so and go from there.