[unixODBC-support] unixODBC with standard RH9.0

Barry Steele barry at hpfm.com.au
Wed Aug 4 23:56:39 BST 2004

Hi,
I have a server that is running a standard rh9.0 with php4.2.2.XX.rpm,
freetds and unixODBC all currently installed using rpm.

I am trying to have my php/webserver access a SQLSERVER database.

I have freetds working (- tsql -U etc).  After installing the unixODBC
rpm, I tried to use the isql utility as follows

<eg>isql nemesys hpfm <password>

And that's all she wrote.  It simply hangs there with no response at
all.

>From my investigations it seems that I don't have a libtdsodbc library
after the rpm install.

It would seem then that I need to manually install some or all of the
components, so my question really is does anyone have a plan of attack?
Should I start with the unixODBC - I have as yet looked at all of the
options here, but will.  Should I simply manually reinstall php
(-withmssql=path_to_[freetds/unxODBC] )?

This is all on a production server (of course!!!), so I need a
background path as much as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Barry

        Barry Steele