[unixODBC-support] odbc vs odbcpsql drivers SEGFAULT

Shaun Savage savages at savages.net
Wed Aug 4 00:22:09 BST 2004

Hi

I am trying to development a Mozilla XPCOM module for Linux that uses
unixODBC.
When I run my module in stand alone mode it works but when I use it
under Mozilla it seg faults.

The command  I it seg faults on is SQLExecDirect.   In standalone mode
the library that is used is libodbc.so  I have traced it into the Driver
manager code before it pops into odbcpsql. In mozilla it links into
odbcpsql right away.  It then jumps into PG_SQLExecDirect line 207
Drivers/PostgreSQL/execute.c .  It segfaults at checking statement is
read only, line 189.

Why does a different library get dynamicly linked in?
I pass it the correct arguments why does is segfault deep in the code?

shaun