[unixODBC-dev] Problems building from SVN

David Brown unixodbc at starquest.com
Fri May 9 21:50:49 BST 2014

I am getting the following error when trying to build 2.3.3pre fetched from svn - suggestions?

make -f Makefile.svn

fails with:

*** Retrieving configure tests needed by configure.in
libtoolize: AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([libltdl/m4]) conflicts with ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS=-I m4.
make: *** [svn] Error 1

Makefile.am:ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS=-I m4

I see that there are 2 m4 directories (./m4 and libltdl/m4) containing files of the same names, but with different contents - not sure if they are both used, or if one is obsolete. The files in libltdl/m4 are slightly larger, so if one is obsolete, I'm guessing it's ./m4.

Thanks
David Brown
StarQuest