[unixODBC-dev] Compiling unixODBC with MySQL driver on AIX

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Fri Apr 12 14:53:40 BST 2013

k_runarsson at simnet.is writes:
> I'm trying to get unixODBC working on AIX 7.1, so far I have done the following:

There's quite a bit of stuff that doesn't work out-of-the-box in
current mysql-connector-odbc.  You might find some useful patches in
Red Hat's version:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/mysql-connector-odbc.git/tree/

You won't need the "mysys" patch if you're using a stock libmysqlclient,
but the rest of it is probably relevant.  Also I should note that we
have not tried to build this against anything later than mysql 5.5;
I dunno if 5.6 would require further hacking.

			regards, tom lane