[unixODBC-dev] I am getting "Function Sequence Error" When I try to do SQLDescribeParam() using my native ODBC

Aniruddha Kulkarni aniruddha_kulkarni at persistent.co.in
Thu Nov 8 12:24:23 GMT 2012

Hi,

I am stuck with some issue here. I am trying to do certain operations on back-end using my native ODBC driver however when I call SQLDescribeParam() through my application it gives me an error as - SQLDescribeParam -> Rc = SQL_ERROR, Msg = [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error

Here is the scenario which encountered this problem:

1>   Connect to backend using SQLConnect()

2>   Prepare an insert query having geometry as col type using SQLPrepare()

3>   Set the statement attributes using SQLSetStmtAttr()

4>   Bind the parameters with the data type using SQLBindParameter()

5>   Then execute the parameterized query using - SQLExecute()

6>   Call SQLNumParams() on statement

7>   Then in a loop, call SQLDescribeParam() with the appropriate function arguments.

With this sequence of functions I am getting the mentioned error. My doubt is on unixODBC driver manager I have been using, because if I try to run the application without DM then it works as expected. So I believe there is some error that is caught by driver manager and error is thrown.

Can anybody please shed some light on the probable cause of the error?

Thanks
~Aniruddha

DISCLAIMER