[unixODBC-dev] Calling a store procedure

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Feb 23 08:29:52 GMT 2012

On 23/02/2012 03:05, Jaime Stuardo wrote:

> Hello... I am trying to call a SQL Server 2005 stored procedure by
> mean of a C++ application running under RedHat Linux. unixODBC is
> installed correctly since I can connect to the database.
>
> When I run SQLExecDirect, the returned value is an error. So, here are
> the questions:
>
> ·Why does an error occur?
>
> ·Why does the SQLGetDiagRec function cannot return the actual error?
> If I generate an error passing a string instead of a date in the
> second parameter, the error is: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Error converting
> data type varchar to datetime. That means ExtractError function I
> implemented is correct.
>
> This is the code with SQLExecDirect:
>
>     ret = SQLExecDirect(stmt, (SQLCHAR *) query.c_str(), SQL_NTS);
>
>     if (!SQL_SUCCEEDED(ret)) {
>
>         StoreSocket::ExtractError("SQLExecDirect", stmt, SQL_HANDLE_STMT);
>
>         return false;
>
>     }
>
> Where query is:
>
> execute usp_contrato_actualiza_aclaracion 'uno', '2012-02-22', 'dos',
> 'tres', 'cuatro', '2012-02-14', 'cinco', 'seis', 'siete', 'ocho',
> 'nueve', 'diez', 'once'
>
> And the body of ExtractError is:

HI,

Not sure I understand the problem, maybe if you could create a full test
program with definition of the procedure and the expected and actual
error it may help. I would guess its going to eventually be a question
for the driver writers, but not sure at the moment. If you had a test
program I could run I could try with another driver and see what the
problem is.