[unixODBC-dev] odbc_config when cross compiling

Bill Segall bill at segall.net
Mon May 16 02:55:48 BST 2011

I've been looking at using unixodbc in a cross-compiled environment and I'm
currently endeavoring to build freetds on top of it.

I'm not sure if this is a common issue but it would be nice if odbc_config
was a shell script rather than a binary so we could use it when cross
compiling. freetds has a configure test that checks for it's existence and
if it doesn't exist it seems to do the right thing so removing it in the
cross-compilation environment is a good workaround.

I thought I should at least suggest that this be a shell script and leave a
note for others who might hit the same issue.

Thanks,
Bill.