[unixODBC-dev] odbcinst-less configuration

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Wed Jun 29 10:37:41 BST 2011

On 28/06/11 22:28, Brian Bruns wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I couldn't figure out any way to connect to a database without having
> an odbcinst.ini entry for the driver.  iODBC allows for the DRIVER
> attribute to specify the fullpath of the shared library file, but it
> appears to my cursory reading of SQLDriverConnect that unixODBC does
> not.  Attached is a patch that makes it happen.  If I'm totally
> off-base and unixODBC does indeed allow this, please let me know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

Ok, SVN head and the 2.3.1pre on the ftp site should now do what you
want. I have done it slightly different as I didnt want to depend on a
lib starting with '/' I can see platform and other problems coming from
that. So it the string isn't find in the odbcinst.ini file we assume its
a lib name and see what happens if we try and open it.