[unixODBC-dev] cross compiling 2.3.0

Bill Segall bill at segall.net
Thu Apr 14 01:36:33 BST 2011

 I'm trying to cross-compile odbc and whilst I have this mostly
working, I've struck a problem on make install generating
unixodbc_conf.h as this relies on executing odbc_config --headers:

/site/platforms/mips64-octeon-linux/stow/unixODBC-2.3.0/bin/odbc_config
--header > /site/platforms/mips64-octeon-linux/stow/unixODBC-2.3.0/include/unixodbc_conf.h
/bin/sh: /site/platforms/mips64-octeon-linux/stow/unixODBC-2.3.0/bin/odbc_config:
cannot execute binary file

It is possible for me to transfer odbc_config to the board, run it
there, and copy the generated file back but this seems like a wrong
approach to me. I think a better (and more normal) mechanism would be
to generate this header during configure. I'd be happy to work on this
and ship patches but I thought I should ask for guidance beforehand.

Thanks,
Bill.