[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC-CPP

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Sat Jan 17 16:20:36 GMT 2009

> Just hack the code in DriverManager/SQLDriverConnect.c to null the
> handle before calling the driver, what we have done here doesn't need
> any more (or less) code in the driver to deal with prompts, that bit
> is entirly up to the driver.
>
> I don't think we can ever assume that apps are going to pass a valid
> handle into the call though. (with reference to your other email to
> the sqllite chap).

Well the driver is going to have to do something platform specific to
fully handle SQLDriverConnect. I suppose one approach would be to always
pass a NULL window handle to the driver but that would either result in
an IM008 at times or the driver would have to do something platform
specific to prompt. My thinking is pass the ODBCINSTWND to the driver
and let the platform specific approach have a bit more information to
work with.

--
Peter