[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC-CPP

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Sat Jan 17 09:51:44 GMT 2009

Peter Harvey wrote:

>>Also the changes to the DM are done, so it should play with the new
>>odbcinstQ4. It seems to almost work here, the dialog comes up, but I
>>can't select any DSN, but that is with QT 4.5 beta. And if I select a
>>filedsn it seems to return the directory the dsn is contains in, but
>>not
>>the actual file.
>>

>Awesome - thanks Nick!
>
>Selecting a DSN works here. Selecting a FILEDSN now returns the abs path and
>filename. Unfortunately for me I am using sqlite odbc driver for my testing
>and it always returns SQL_INVALID_HANDLE when (!_WIN && hwnd) so I have not
>seen it fully operational yet.
>
>--
>Peter

Just hack the code in DriverManager/SQLDriverConnect.c to null the
handle before calling the driver, what we have done here doesn't need
any more (or less) code in the driver to deal with prompts, that bit is
entirly up to the driver.

I don't think we can ever assume that apps are going to pass a valid
handle into the call though. (with reference to your other email to the
sqllite chap).