[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC-GUI-Qt: some text for www.unixodbc.org (enough to prime)

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Sat Jan 10 00:39:00 GMT 2009

I am pretty certain that the DM does not attempt to prompt for a data
source when provided an empty 'in' string to SQLDriverConnect. This is
something that could be added. For example;

    if ( !conn_str_in )
    {
        /*
         * not quite by the book, but better than nothing
         */

        conn_str_in = (SQLCHAR*)"DSN=DEFAULT;";
        len_conn_str_in = strlen((char*) conn_str_in );
    }

The above code could be altered such that it goes into a UI plugin to
get a data source to use. I could add the following to odbcinst;

BOOL SQLDriverConnectPrompt( HWND  hWnd,  SQLCHAR *pszChars, SQLSMALLINT
nMaxChars );

And a corresponding call like this to the UI plugin (odbcinstQ4);

BOOL ODBCDriverConnectPrompt( HODBCINSTWND  hWnd,  SQLCHAR *pszChars,
SQLSMALLINT nMaxChars );

--
Peter