[unixODBC-dev] compiling on aix 5.3 TL6

George Neill georgen at neillnet.com
Fri Jan 9 10:21:32 GMT 2009

Nick,

>> That fixed both of the issues I was seeing.   Is there an ETA on the
>> 2.2.15 release, or is it okay to just use the pre ?
>>

> I will get it out soon, just finishing the split up of the gui and non gui
> parts.

Good deal.  Thanks.

>> On a side note, is there a reason for not disabling the thread checks
>> when xlc_r is set as the compiler?
>>

> I am not sure what you mean?

<quote>
xlc_r

    This invokes the thread safe version of xlc. It should be used
when any kind of multi-threaded code is being built. This is
equivalent to invoking the compiler as xlc -D_THREAD_SAFE and the
loader as xlc -L/usr/lib/threads -Lusr/lib/dce -lc_r -lpthreads.
</quote>

It seems one could just enable threads and set -DHAVE_LIBPTHREAD
instead of progressing through thread checks if this compiler mode is
specified.

That's it.

Later,
George.