[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC-Test: in svn now

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Mon Jan 5 03:19:12 GMT 2009

The test bits from unixODBC (autotest and tests) are now in svn at
SourceForge and can be had with something like the following;

$ svn co https://unixodbc-test.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/unixodbc-test
trunk

I plan to spend about 1 day testing out the "TestFarm" including the
tests donated from SAP DB via MySQL. I will also get some qmake files
into "AutoTests" and try them out with ODBCTestQ4 and odbctst32.exe -
including the AutoTests dontaed from MySQL. Hopefully there will be some
time left in this slot to also add some 'first pass' documentation.

Using qmake is a time saver for me as it allows me to put in a single
method of building the source that works everywhere (we care about).

I will spend more time on this if others are interested in donating
tests - so now would be a good time folks - before I get into other things.

Its probably not useful to add any kind of; install, binary distro, or
even to put a GNU auto tools kinda build in there. If anyone is
interested in this sort of thing - then let me know. Otherwise; it will
be source distro only and probably just via archive or svn.

Enjoy
Peter