[unixODBC-dev] Conditionalizing code for the recent 64-bit API changes?

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Tue Feb 17 08:16:09 GMT 2009

Tom Lane wrote:
> Assuming that one needs to write some C code that will work with both
> pre-2.2.14 and current versions of unixODBC, what's the best way to
> #if the places where you need to change variable declarations?
> It's not clear to me whether unixODBC exports any symbols that can
> conveniently be tested for this.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

Just use the correct definitions SQLLEN as needed, and use the unixODBC
header files, they should bring in the odbc-config.h and build to what
you have. At the moment there is no way to check a older version as to
how its build in terms of 64 bit SQLLEN. If its just a issue of code
that will work with bost, its not a problem, the problem is prebuilt
binaries.

The problem is its  not just a unixODBC and app issue, it also needs the
driver to be build in the same way. Its a mess, and I am hoping that by
trying to move towards only sizeof( SQLLEN ) = 8 in future it will
eventually sort itself out. The only major app that is not thatway at
the moment AFAIK is PHP, that needs its odbc code updating to use SQLLEN

--
Nick.