[unixODBC-dev] Lots of warnings, and an outright error, in 2.2.14 on 64-bit

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Mon Feb 16 15:30:11 GMT 2009

Peter Harvey <pharvey at peterharvey.org> writes:
>> Any interest in fixing these?  I gather that odbctest won't even be
>> there anymore in 2.2.15, but...

> I am willing to fix anything you find in unixODBC-Test.

Attached is a patch against 2.2.14 that fixes most of the more severe
compiler warnings in a 64-bit build, as well as the error for
SQLExtendedFetch.  I'm afraid you might have to do a bit of disassembly
to pull out the pieces to where the code lives now, but it's a starting
point anyway.

Note there are several things that look to be outright bugs
independently of platform word width, such as uninitialized variables
and use of "==" where "=" was presumably meant.  I did not by any
means fix all of the uninitialized-variable warnings, only a couple
that were very obviously wrong.  I would urgently recommend that someone
look at the rest of them.

Also, there are quite a few reference-to-undeclared-function warnings,
which are something else that's a severe portability hazard on 64-bit
platforms.  I didn't try to clean those up but it'd be a good idea.

Lastly, I gave up trying to fix Drivers/nn/ after realizing that the
package does not provide the complete source code (.y and .l files
are missing).  Isn't that a GPL violation?

			regards, tom lane