[unixODBC-dev] Lots of warnings, and an outright error, in 2.2.14 on 64-bit

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Wed Feb 11 02:52:13 GMT 2009

unixODBC 2.2.14 fails to build for me on Fedora 9 x86_64 (gcc 4.3.0);
it looks like a genuine 64-bit-ness bug in odbctest/results.cpp:

results.cpp: In member function 'void dExtendedFetch::Ok()':
results.cpp:2608: error: cannot convert 'SQLUINTEGER*' to 'SQLULEN*' for argument '4' to 'SQLRETURN SQLExtendedFetch(void*, SQLUSMALLINT, SQLLEN, SQLULEN*, SQLUSMALLINT*)'

I also get a boatload of warnings (attached), a lot of which look like
potentially real problems --- especially the format-mismatch ones.

Any interest in fixing these?  I gather that odbctest won't even be
there anymore in 2.2.15, but...

			regards, tom lane