[unixODBC-dev] Unicode support

SHANKAR Uma Uma.SHANKAR at 3ds.com
Tue Aug 18 20:28:03 BST 2009

Is there some clear documentation what this build time option is? I would like to read up before deciding whether to make code changes by using iconv() or use this build option. I am also a bit unclear on the Unicode driver part.

We are towards the end of our development cycle, and this is holding things up. Given that we have had several exchanges since y;day, here are what I seem to have as options:
1) Use iconv() for linux to convert to UCS-2
2) Use SQLWCHAR
3) Use the build time option.

Given the above 3 options, it seems to me that the build time option would be the easiest given where we are now. If it is, then could you explain the Unicode driver comment that you made? Like I said we are building the unixODBC drivers ourselves, so we do have control over how we build it.