[unixODBC-dev] Pooling issues

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Fri Apr 3 17:56:04 BST 2009

Jess Balint wrote:

>We were recently alerted to some issues and have some questions
>regarding the unixODBC code.
>
>* SQLConnect.c:3355 has a comment: "TODO - alter the mutex level here"
>  Would just a call to dbc_change_thread_support() suffice?
>* In dbc_change_thread_support(), what is the inteded use of mutex_lists
>  here? It looks to me it makes the lock "switching" atomic with respect
>  to other concurrent calls to this function.
>* dbc_change_thread_support() also doesn't seem to properly support
>  "Threading" parameter level 0 (connection is still locked). Would a
>  call to thread_protect be a better solution here?
>
>Thanks for any feedback.
>Jess

I haven't had a chance yet, but I have been sent some detaisl about
this, and I will try and fix whatever they show need fixing. Are you
having a problem at the moment or is it a worry for the future, what is
your setup and what driver are you using?

I am wondering if all the code that trys to protect non thread safe
drivers is unneeded now, as most drivers seem to be thread safe anyway.