[unixODBC-dev] Pooling issues

Jess Balint jbalint at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 17:36:06 BST 2009

We were recently alerted to some issues and have some questions
regarding the unixODBC code.

* SQLConnect.c:3355 has a comment: "TODO - alter the mutex level here"
  Would just a call to dbc_change_thread_support() suffice?
* In dbc_change_thread_support(), what is the inteded use of mutex_lists
  here? It looks to me it makes the lock "switching" atomic with respect
  to other concurrent calls to this function.
* dbc_change_thread_support() also doesn't seem to properly support
  "Threading" parameter level 0 (connection is still locked). Would a
  call to thread_protect be a better solution here?

Thanks for any feedback.
Jess