[unixODBC-dev] Wrappers/ODBCDataManagerQ4

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Sep 2 14:09:07 BST 2008

Peter Harvey wrote:

>>I will take a look tomorrow, but it won't hurt 2.2.13 not to have the
>>wrappers code will it? as 2.2.14 or 2.3.0 wont have it in.
>>

>Not at all. In fact I am already preparing to work from copies not associated
>with the unixODBC repository. So feel free to 'disconnect' again at your
>pleasure.

Ok, I have built a new unixODBC-2.2.13pre.tar.gz on
ftp://ftp.easysoft.com/pub/unixODBC that is mostly stripped down as we
have discussed before. I hope (unless someone tells me otherwise) that
this will become 2.2.13.

I have still left the Drivers in for the moment, but hopefully whats
there is what is needed for the folks making distributions, and driver
writers.

>I am also preparing copies of;
>
>1. the File Database (FDB) stuff
>2. text file driver (odbctxt)
>3. al of the Qt4 based code
>4. all the wrappers
>5. Trace interface and plugin
>6. misc utils to support above (ie sqp, ini, etc)
>
>I can see my future contributions to unixODBC to be mostly (as needed and as
>you see fit);

Well, I am hoping that by splitting the GUI stuff and other parts you
have been working on will free you to do more of what you like, without
having to get it all to fit into the existing framework, and also not
having to ensure it builds on some of the crusty old kit we have about.
While I can focus on the boring but basically stable and unchanging
coire ODBC parts.

(thats the theory at least).

>1. odbcinst
>2. testing framework and tests
>3. some driver setup stand-ins
>4. that which supports above (support libs and execs)
>5. feedback on unicode etc for DM
>
>So feel free to, at your earliest convenience, remove anything from unixODBC
>which you consider cruft or simply not likely to be maintained properly going
>forward.

Well, none was cruft in my eyes, but certainly a lot of it wasn't being
maintained by myself, as I didn't know what it was for.