[unixODBC-dev] Wrappers/ODBCDataManagerQ4

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Tue Sep 2 04:43:24 BST 2008

> I will take a look tomorrow, but it won't hurt 2.2.13 not to have the
> wrappers code will it? as 2.2.14 or 2.3.0 wont have it in.

Not at all. In fact I am already preparing to work from copies not associated
with the unixODBC repository. So feel free to 'disconnect' again at your
pleasure.

I am also preparing copies of;

1. the File Database (FDB) stuff
2. text file driver (odbctxt)
3. al of the Qt4 based code
4. all the wrappers
5. Trace interface and plugin
6. misc utils to support above (ie sqp, ini, etc)

I can see my future contributions to unixODBC to be mostly (as needed and as
you see fit);

1. odbcinst
2. testing framework and tests
3. some driver setup stand-ins
4. that which supports above (support libs and execs)
5. feedback on unicode etc for DM

So feel free to, at your earliest convenience, remove anything from unixODBC
which you consider cruft or simply not likely to be maintained properly going
forward.

--
Peter
BTW: unixODBC is 10 years old (by my calc) - so perhaps highlight that during