[unixODBC-dev] text driver disappeared from 2.2.13/14 ???

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Tue Nov 25 20:34:20 GMT 2008

Jon Pounder wrote:

> Peter Harvey wrote:
>

> Is there any interest in including a webmin odbc management module ?
> There is one now but the current release is just completely broken -
> developer admits somehow the write to file code just disappeared. I
> intend on fixing it for our internal use, but if it helps create more
> odbc awareness on unix I don't mind sharing.

Hi Jon, long time, no email:-)

This is exacly the reason I want to break the core away from the extras,
the code is stabe now (hopefully) so while it doesn't need repeated
releases (I would argue that a stable and constant, as long as its not
broken, driver manager is vital for the day to day use of ODBC). Its
exactly this stability that holds other bits back. I will be open and
admit that my own interest is the driver manager and background stuff,
so its more than good from my perspective if others want to take up the
development of the more UI oriented parts.