[unixODBC-dev] text driver disappeared from 2.2.13/14 ???

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Tue Nov 25 18:27:49 GMT 2008

Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> writes:
> BTW, I just went to see what the bug was in the above link, and if it
> was something that needed fixing, and feeding into the code, but I got a
> big red

> "You are not authorized to access bug #162676.

Sorry about that, I neglected to notice that it wasn't a public bug.

The actual issue was that the sqp/yac.h file wasn't getting regenerated
due to lack of "AM_YFLAGS = -d" in sql/Makefile.am; leading to the text
driver pretty much not working at all if the parser was built with some
different version of bison than you'd used.  I plead guilty to having
forgotten to report that upstream --- I think at the time I felt it was
a packaging problem, but thinking about it now I don't see why I thought
that.

			regards, tom lane