[unixODBC-dev] text driver disappeared from 2.2.13/14 ???

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Nov 25 17:23:36 GMT 2008

Tom Lane wrote:

>Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> writes:
>

>>ChangeLog:
>>    * A couple of tweeks in the txt driver
>>

>Apparently, "a couple of tweeks" means "remove it entirely".
>I hope this is not intentional ... I know I've got users that will
>be unhappy if the text driver disappears from Fedora.
>
>			regards, tom lane

The intention is to split the driver manager core parts from the rest,
the text driver falls with the rest. AFAIK, its had almost no changes
for years now, so there is no reason to change.

TBH, based on the lasck of feedback I get, I assumed that no one used
it. Seems I was wrong.

Its all still in the CVS, so can be packaged up on its own.