[unixODBC-dev] SQLCancel Issue

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Mar 17 14:44:35 GMT 2008

Vivek Venugopal wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>There seems to be some issue with SQLCancel.c.
>
>SQLCancel didn't seem to work with oracle driver, when reported to
>oracle they came up with a fix in unixODBC driver manager.
>
>Below is the fix,
>
>File: ..\unixODBC-2.2.12\DriverManager\SQLCancel.c
>
>At line number 137 comment/remove the below line.
>
>thread_protect( SQL_HANDLE_STMT, statement );
>

>Comments please.

Well, I don;t know, I haven't had that reported.

I assume you are canceling from a different thread to the thread running
the query?

If so, IMHO, the correct solution is to inform unixODBC that the driver
is thread safe, and it doesn't have to searialize calls into the driver
by adding

    Threading       = 0

to the driver entry in your odbcinst.ini file.

>Hope I am reporting this bug at the right forum.

Yep, its the right place :-).