[unixODBC-dev] odbconfig not able to start

Sindhu S me at sindhu-s.com
Sat Jul 12 11:08:11 BST 2008

I try to compile from source but i get some error, i did .configure
---enable-gui, make, make install (as root) still the install was not
successful.

what i  dont understand is, how all of a suddent this API entry point went
missing? how do i fix it? it's just the unixodbc-gui thats not working..the
unixodbc itself is working fine.

On 7/11/08, Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> wrote:

> Sindhu S wrote:
>
>  But I already have unixodbc installed from the urpmi, why would i need to
>> build from source? building from source require a lot of devel files i
>> believe, please is there no other way? why is this happening this way?
>>

> Well, I assume (as I don't know whay you have installed, or who built it)
> that the app you are running requires a API entry point, thats not present
> in the unixODBC libraries you have on your system.
>
> --
> Nick

-Sindhu S
[http://sindhu.tumblr.com]