[unixODBC-dev] ODBC on 64 bit linux - test64

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Jan 22 10:18:30 GMT 2008

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:

>Yes, but you should rebuild packaged unixODBC of your distro and all
>dependencies. I hope to have it fixed without all that work.

Sorry, I am missing something, what are you suggesting I _should_ do?

>Also I noted that in sqltypes.h you have (from CVS version)

>#if (SIZEOF_LONG_INT == 8)
>#ifdef BUILD_LEGACY_64_BIT_MODE
>typedef int             SQLINTEGER;
>typedef unsigned int    SQLUINTEGER;
>
>It's not correct 100% but only on LP64. The test should be something
>like

>#if (SIZEOF_VOID_P == 8)
>#ifdef BUILD_LEGACY_64_BIT_MODE
>typedef int             SQLINTEGER;
>typedef unsigned int    SQLUINTEGER;
>
>and define a 64 bit integer.

Why? the type in issue is the integer, I don't see why the size of a
pointer has anything to do with it. What about a platform with a 64bit
accumulator and a 48 bit address bus?

>>I am not looking forward to all the reports of all the broken
>>apps when
>>2.2.13 is released :-(.
>>

>IMO (note, there's no H) if customers want 64bit they have to move to
>64bit or stay on 32bit !!

Well, thats your opinion (lacking the H), which you are welcome to, but
back in the real word, I find it doesn't work like that.