[unixODBC-dev] szLogPrintf/szMessageBox

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Mon Dec 29 22:19:32 GMT 2008

Nick Gorham wrote:
> Peter Harvey wrote:
>
>> Nick,
>>
>> I am thinking it may be a good idea to put implementations of
>> szLogPrintf and szMessageBox in odbcinst and odbcinstQ4 since we do not
>> have a gtrtst library. The idea is to make the implementation of these
>> two functions irrelevant to auto test libraries while at the same time
>> providing a plugable UI.
>>
>> One possible problem with this idea is that there may be much
>> adequately addressed by creating an init and fini call for the generic
>> window handle (aka SERVERINFO::hwnd) which could handle loading and
>> unloading the UI plugin.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Peter
>>

> Sounbds ok to me, the loading and unloading might be less of a issue
> than you think, as all the implementations I have seen dont flush
> after a dlclose.
>
> Just one thing, I thought there was the equivilant of the gtrtst lib
> in the tree.

Ah - seen. That was the missing piece of the puzzle for me as I did see
that hwnd was being set with a call-back func to handle
szLogPrintf/szMessageBox - I just did not know that unixODBC had an
implementation of gtrtst. :P

Humph. Well I guess this could be handled either using the call-back or
the generic window handle. I have a slight preference for the generic
window handle and will go that route.

--
Peter