[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC-GUI-Qt: Builds

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Tue Dec 9 10:04:27 GMT 2008

Peter Harvey wrote:

>Nick Gorham wrote:
>

>>Peter Harvey wrote:
>>

>>>The source in unixODBC-GUI-Qt now builds with qmake method and GNU
>>>auto-tools method.  IMHO - its time to remove the Qt based stuff from
>>>unixODBC. The one caveat is that unixODBC-GUI-Qt is only about Qt4. I
>>>think this is not an issue going forward.
>>>
>>>Any package maintainers out there who want to volunteer to create deb
>>>and/or rpm scripts/specs for me so I can play more with the code
>>>and/or doc?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Peter

>>Cool, I will check your new repos out and see what can be trimmed from
>>the core.
>>
>>Hopefully we might find some Gnome folk interested in creating  a Gtk
>>version now.
>>
>>I can see no problem with Qt4 only builds in the new place, it was
>>just the history that was painfull in the old structure.
>>

>fyi - i have the new DataManager code sitting in front of me - i am
>working to add that to the repo now
>
>--
>Peter

Well, its configured and seems to be building fine at this moment, good
work. What do you want to do with odbctest? Its a bit of a half way
house, can't help thinking it should go with the Gui parts as it is one,
What do you think? If that (and the associated test lib and sample that
goes with it) was removed, then all the GUI parts could be removed (I
think).

We also need to work on the web site, so there is a place for both
projects, and people can find how to get the bits they need. Also the
drivers need splitting out as well, so the folk who needs the txt driver
can get their builds working again.

BTW, if anyone else reading this has any views on this division, let me
know, as I don't want to do stuff thats going to break others work.