[unixODBC-dev] ini

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Dec 8 09:36:55 GMT 2008

Peter Harvey wrote:

>Nick,
>
>The Qt bits depend upon libini - as does the core bits. I could use
>QSettings (or some other ini lib) for the Qt bits but I think it best to
>use the same lib as the core. So I think it makes sense to have unixODBC
>install the ini lib and include file - and as part of a dev rpm perhaps?
>
>--
>Peter

I have been thinking about this, I feel it would be better to duplicate
this code, having a shared lib would potentially make life harder for
the people who at the moment build products with -lodbc and -lodbcinst,
I don;t think there is any great hard in forking this, and it leads the
way for you to add extra features as you need.