[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC 2.2.14 and 64-bit Unix OBDC/Connector (MySQL)

Ida Schonfeld Ida.Schonfeld at oclc.org
Tue Dec 2 07:55:23 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm working with the recent release from unixODBC and MySQL on OpenSuse
10.2 (64 bit). Since this new release I'm trying to build the Sources of
the MySQL driver again but there is a conflict. It seems that the
Function declarations in the Driver and in unixODBC are not the same.
Can somebody maybe give me a hint how I can solve this problem?

The unixODBC is built for 64 bit so that SQLULEN/SQLLEN is 8 byte and
SQLINTEGER/SQLUINTEGER is 4 byte as well  as the following
typedeclarations:

typedef SQLULEN SQLTRANSID;
typedef SQLULEN SQLROWCOUNT;
typedef SQLUINTEGER SQLROWSETSIZE;
typedef SQLLEN SQLROWOFFSET;

This is my Configuration for the driver which terminated successfully:

./configure --with-debug --disable-gui --with-unixODBC
--with-unixODBC-libs=/usr/local/lib64
--with-unixODBC-includes=/usr/local/include --with-mysql-path=/usr

This is what I get when I try to build the Driver:

prepare.c: In function 'my_SQLBindParameter':

prepare.c:244: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

prepare.c:271: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

prepare.c:278: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

prepare.c:296: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

prepare.c:313: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

prepare.c: In function 'SQLSetScrollOptions':

prepare.c:492: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

[...]

results.c: In function 'SQLBindCol':

results.c:846: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

results.c: At top level:

results.c:1390: error: conflicting types for 'SQLExtendedFetch'

/usr/local/include/sqlext.h:1862: error: previous declaration of
'SQLExtendedFetch' was here

results.c: In function 'SQLFetchScroll':

results.c:1423: warning: passing argument 4 of 'my_SQLExtendedFetch'
from incompatible pointer type

results.c: In function 'SQLFetch':

results.c:1441: warning: passing argument 4 of 'my_SQLExtendedFetch'
from incompatible pointer type

make[2]: *** [libmyodbc5_la-results.lo] Error 1

Did I maybe just forget a flag or something else?  It would be really
helpful if somebody just could give me a hint how to solve this in a
'clean' way.

Thanks in advance

Ida