[unixODBC-dev] build for UNICODE

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Wed Aug 20 10:39:18 BST 2008

Peter Harvey wrote:

>On Tuesday 19 August 2008 14:40:09 Nick Gorham wrote:
>

>>Peter Harvey wrote:
>>

>>>Nick,
>>>
>>>I am not doing anything particularly special... just building for UNICODE
>>>and with native char support.
>>>
>>>1. I turn this on by some env vars in my bashrc as follows...
>>>
>>>	# Enable this to build with support for systems wide-char...
>>>	export CFLAGS="-DUNICODE -DSQL_WCHART_CONVERT=1"
>>>
>>>2. The usual...
>>>
>>>	$ make -f Makefile.cvs
>>>	$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64
>>>	$ make
>>>
>>>--
>>>Peter
>>>

>>Ok, I think the -DUNICODE is the problem. Thats normally used when
>>building apps to signal that the normal unadorned functions (SQLConnect
>>for example) and sliently mapped to their wide version (SQLConnectW) and
>>thats causing the conflict here.
>>

>Right. I think the 'unadorned' functions should NOT exist... just be defined
>to point to the A or W version as dictated by the UNICODE 'flag'. That would
>get me going again ;)

Well, as always I am trying to replicate what happens on windows and I
think what we have now is closer than what you are suggesting. I think
its reasnable to allow the environment when building the driver manager
(which most folk will only do once) to be different from building apps,
or even drivers.

Does it work as expected without the UNICODE flag?