[unixODBC-dev] iconv/ICU

Peter Harvey pharvey at codebydesign.com
Tue Nov 6 18:19:47 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 09:46:03 Nick Gorham wrote:
> Peter Harvey wrote:
> >>Ok, I do fall on the side of Steves point about this, it seems IMHO to
> >>be a solution in search of a problem.
> >
> >Ok; if I happen to come across something which seems more significant I
> > will mention it. At the moment I think you guys are right.
> >
> >With this in mind I will not bother to move any further on making the ini
> > lib unicode aware which has the side affect of me dumbing down strings
> > from the Qt GUI code (or odbcinst doing it).
>
> Can't you call; the odbcinst W functions.

In most cases - yes - and this is what I will do when I can. In anycase we are
going to be dealing with 8bit char by the time the stuff gets to the ini lib.

I am surprised that this simple limitation has not been an inconvenience if
not a  problem for folks but with no demand to have it addressed I guess its
near impossible to make a case for fixing it - given what I have put forward
thus far. Well - less work for me :)

--
Peter