[unixODBC-dev] Segfault when utilizing libodbc with Asterisk

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Fri May 18 19:59:30 BST 2007

On 5/18/07, Tom Lane <tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Leif Madsen" <leif.madsen at gmail.com> writes:
> > Actually I may have been incorrect in stating that. I was not using
> > the postgresql-odbc package, just the straight unixODBC and
> > unixODBC-devel package.
>
> My recommendation is to use the postgresql-odbc package; that version of
> psqlodbc is a whole lot newer than the one included in unixODBC.  I've
> actually considered stripping the included psql (and mysql) drivers from
> the Red Hat unixODBC package entirely.  I've been meaning to ask what
> the long-term plan is for the included drivers --- since development on
> those seems to be separate now, what is the reason for still including
> them in the unixODBC distribution?

Hey Tom,

Thanks for following up with this. Can I just verify I'm utilizing the
driver from the postgresql-odbc package correctly in the odbcinst.ini
file?

Original:

[PostgreSQL]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage       = 1

Modified to use postgresql-odbc driver:

[PostgreSQL]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/psqlodbc.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage       = 1

Thanks!

--
Leif Madsen.