[unixODBC-dev] Segfault when utilizing libodbc with Asterisk

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Fri May 18 04:36:04 BST 2007

Evening all!

I apologize now if I'm utilizing the wrong mailing list. I was
debating between support and the dev list, but the description of the
dev list seemed more appropriate. I will be sure to correct this in
the future if I'm wrong :)

I am utilizing unixODBC package (unixODBC and unixODBC-devel version
2.2.12-1.el4s1.1) on CentOS 4.4, and have been seeing some random
segfaults of Asterisk when utilizing the libodbc libraries. The
developers of Asterisk have stated they believe it to be a problem in
the libodbc driver, and the developers of the Progress (not
postgresql) database have fixed a similar issue apparently for another
implementor I speak with regularly and his crashes seem to have become
resolved. (I do not have the fix he received from the vendor, but if
you think it would be of use, then I can follow up with that
information.)

I have posted a pair of backtraces from the Asterisk systems which
crashed. This may not be overly useful to the development team, but
this is what I have to work with right now. Hopefully this will help
start the discussion and determine where to go from here.

The backtraces are located here:

http://www.pastebin.ca/494189
http://www.pastebin.ca/494193

Asterisk seems to crash randomly about every other day it seems.
Unfortunately this is preventing us from going to production, so I'm
hoping to resolve this reasonably quickly. Whatever information you
require, I am at your disposal.

Thank you in advance!

--
Leif Madsen.