[unixODBC-dev] Qt4 ODBCConfig

pharvey at codebydesign.com pharvey at codebydesign.com
Sat Dec 1 14:47:13 GMT 2007

I have just checked in more work on new CODBCConfig. It now has all of
the features of the Qt3 based one - and then some. It still needs some
tweeks here and there. Here are the more notable ones;

1) The Help button now invokes Qt Assistant BUT the external doc to
support this is not done so I have not created the adp file (the
contents and keyword file). I have no desire to get into doing that
doc anytime soon so it would be good to get a volunteer for this.

2) The Pooling options are too basic - just enable/disable.

3) The Monitor bits (formerly stats) does not seem to work for me at
the moment - errors from DM. So this needs to be sorted out and me
thinks while at it why not look at additional stuff that can be put in
there (I have a list of nice to haves that could be done with a little
thought).

4) Creating a DSN does not try to use a setup technique other than the
generic one used by unixODBC. So it does not try to invoke some self
contained GUI a setup lib may have. I think this needs to be handled
but no plans to get into it now.

5) The create data source name wizard needs to be done. This is not
used to support CODBCConfig/SQLManageDataSources but just
SQLCreateDataSource. I hope to get this done today/tomorrow and then
move on to a new version of DataManager.

Other, smaller, things such as the about box needing to show more info.

Feedback welcome.

--
Peter