[unixODBC-dev] [Marc Herbert] driver manager dropping SQLAllocHandle() diagnostics from the driver?

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue May 16 10:18:29 BST 2006

Marc Herbert wrote:

>I am re-posting this (other) message because it was posted at troubled
>times for the list (as you can see from its headers this message
>stalled for two weeks at easysoft).
>
>Hopefully I'll get some answer(s) this time? Thanks in advance!

I just took a look, both at what the code in CVS does and what happens
on windows. AFAIKS, the 2.2.12 code will try and return error messages
from the driver if SQLAllocHandle( SQL_HANDLE_HDBC ) fails, and I think
this is working the same under windows.

Forcing a driver on windows to fail when the DM calls its
SQLAllocHandle( SQL_HANDLE_HENV ), the DM doesn't then go on to call
SQLDiagRec or SQLDiagField.

Have you some example code that shows the windows DM doing what that doc
suggests happens?